This Page

has been moved to new address

A Before of Sorts

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hatch Life: A Before of Sorts

The Hatch Life

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Before of Sorts

Hi Everyone!

So, I am going to talk about a space, that I have never spoke of. A space I am in more than half of my day working, my office. This is the most neglected space in our house. I have not attempted to decorate, style, paint, anything to it.

After talking with Kurt all day yesterday, we decided it was time to make this space nice. I am in here working all day long and it is well, UGLY! It is extremely disorganized, and has NO sense of style in it, whatsoever. So, that, my friends is going to be our winter project! WOO HOO!

Here are some before pictures, I warn you, it is NOT a pretty site!






Phew, I am glad I got those out of the way. Do you see what I mean? It is a MESS. I absolutely HATE this space. I am so thrilled to start working on it. We have plans, BIG plans for this space people!

Some ideas, I want to paint the walls a soft blue/green. A happy, yet calming color. I am thinking of doing stenciling to one, or even all of the walls!  We will finish the flooring in here, extend the Pergo from the living room and kitchen into here. Our sweet neighbor, that is a framer has so kindly offered to build me a wall-to-wall desk on one wall.

Some examples of what I like:

via here, here, here, & here
 So, those are my inspirations. I am in LOVE with the wall-to-wall desk, although Kurt keeps saying my dreams are too big for it! We will see! I love all of the organization as well! My goal is to have this room done before Christmas, time will tell!

XOXO,

Erica

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your room looks just like my basement room...it's Todd's "office" and is just a mess. I LOVE your idea and love the wall to wall storage! I think whatever you do it'll look great! Excited to see it! Maybe it'll give me some inspiration to tackle my basement this winter?

November 10, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home