This Page

has been moved to new address

My husband

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Hatch Life: My husband

The Hatch Life

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Monday, November 14, 2011

My husband



I just want to take some time and write a post about my sweet husband, Kurt. I know a lot of people say they have the best husband, but I really do. He is amazing in so many ways. He listens, he gives advice, he is thoughtful, and most important, he is ALL mine!
Our first trip together in 2004

Kurt and I met when I was just 13 years old, and I was in love. He was 16 and drove an old firebird and I just thought he was so cool. I would tell all of our mutual friends how I just love and adore him. They thought I was just crazy. He had a serious girlfriend at the time and friends is how we remained. We became very close through mutual friends and spent many nights at the same parties. He was so funny, I always laughed (probably too much) at his silly jokes.

Our first concert (Motley Crue)
When I was 17 I moved down to Las Vegas to live with my dad and finish up high school. I came home to visit my mother during Christmas and found his phone number. Out of the blue I called him and we decided to go on a date that night. His mom told me recently he had said before he left that night "I am going on a hot date with a girl named Erica Dawn". That night, it was no question the chemistry we had together. We held hands, and even had our first kiss as the snow fell in the background. I went back to Vegas and we talked so many times a day, I told him I was going to marry him. 3 weeks later, he came to Vegas and we packed my stuff to bring back to Utah. We have been together since, that was almost 8 years ago.
At our Rehearsal Dinner

One of our first Halloweens (rock stars baby)
Being married to Kurt has so many more ups then downs. There is never a dull moment in our house, I am constantly laughing at his humor, listening to his ideas, and amazed that God has blessed me with such an incredible man. I am not an easy person to put up with, I am very stubborn and have LOTS of ideas that I want him to create in our house. But he does everything without asking, with out questioning, and usually a million times better then I imagined.
 
Pool Party

I am SO grateful for the man I married! I thank God every day for giving me my soul-mate!

Our Wedding


With made of honor (my sis) and Best man (my brother)
 We have been through so much together, so many ups and so many downs. We have seen each other at the lowest of lows (losing his cousin this year, news of our infertility). We have seen each other at our highest of highs too (graduating college, buying a house together). I wouldn't ask for any other best friend to be my side during these times in our lives.


I love you Kurt!
XOXO, 
Erica

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

SO SWEET! I loved this post!

November 22, 2011 at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home